/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Sunday, October 14, 2018

For Seeking Alternative Software

Sometimes you can't use the obvious software for a project.  Or don't know of alternatives.   Because you are building a cheap prototype under a budget, or you are a student, or you just want to see another example of how something can be done.

So you are looking for alternatives, their pros and cons, and specifications for their use.  I had a process simulation example I needed to address,  and needed to do something quick.  Was introduced to alternatives.me:

 ... Finding Better Alternatives    https://alternative.me
alternative.me is a platform for optimizing connections between a variety of software and product alternatives.  Currently we connected 8247 items. ... 

I then used this to look at alternatives to SimulationX, a process simulation platform.

 https://alternative.me/simulationx 

 ... SimulationX is a system simulation solution provided by ESI ITI. The company has been operating for over 25 years. The SimulationX software was introduced in 2015. Read more about SimulationX. .... 

My one concern was there were not enough professional reviews of the software examples, but still provided useful information for my purpose.

No comments: