/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Saturday, November 07, 2020

Open Source Intrusion Detection

First I have seen such a capability offered.   Worth a look to see about following: 

 World's Fastest Open-Source Intrusion Detection Is Here

Carnegie Mellon University CyLab Security and Privacy Institute by Daniel Tkacik

Researchers in Carnegie Mellon University's CyLab Security and Privacy Institute have developed an open source intrusion detection system that achieves speeds of 100 gigabits per second on a single server. The team programmed a field-programmable gate array (FPGA) for intrusion detection, and crafted algorithms that cannot run on traditional processors. CyLab's Justine Sherry said the server’s five cores are necessary because the FPGA processes an average 95% of data packets when placed in a network, with the remaining 5% shunted to central processing units when the array is overwhelmed. The system consumes 38 times less power than hundreds of processing cores would in executing the same tasks.   ... '

No comments: