/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

AI is Marketing Hype?

My team and I were involved in the last big hype cycle of AI.  We lost a large chunk of investment in the space.   So the question is a reasonable one.   What should we do?  How should we invest?

  There have been very big advances that we need to take note of, and use, but these have not launched us into an era of general artificial intelligence.  That remains in the future.   The applications of today are still narrow,  but clearly very valuable.    You cannot ignore them.  I am applying them now.  But it will need another jump forward to get real AI.  When?  I believe still decades away.

Is A.I. Just Marketing Hype?
Why are the big breakthroughs always five to 20 years in the future?   By Geoffrey James in Inc ....   "

No comments: