/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Friday, September 18, 2020

The Story of 'Have I Been Pwned'

Rather late saw this mentioned in TWIT Security Now.  Where Steve Gibson comments from a security point of view.  Deserves a read by people attempting to innovate and sell the results.  Considerable blog post below after a quick intro:

Project Svalbard, Have I Been Pwned and its Ongoing Independence  by Troy Hunt
03 March 2020

This is going to be a lengthy blog post so let me use this opening paragraph as a summary of where Project Svalbard is at: Have I Been Pwned is no longer being sold and I will continue running it independently. After 11 months of a very intensive process culminating in many months of exclusivity with a party I believed would ultimately be the purchaser of the service, unexpected changes to their business model made the deal infeasible. It wasn't something I could have seen coming nor was it anything to do with HIBP itself, but it introduced a range of new and insurmountable barriers. So that's the tl;dr, let me now share as much as I can about what's been happening since April 2019 and how the service will operate in the future.  ... "

Now it has been open sourced:
   https://www.troyhunt.com/im-open-sourcing-the-have-i-been-pwned-code-base/  

No comments: