/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Monday, January 13, 2014

Power of Networks

Crucially its about how to set up, evolve and utilize our networks.

"The Power of Networks
What can a network learn that an individual cannot?

By MIT Technology Review Custom on November 14, 2013 

We asked this question because we believe that society is on the verge of an unprecedented era of learning. Humanity has always been hard-wired to accumulate knowledge, but while there have been pockets of accelerated learning over the course of history, nothing can compare to the potential of digital networks (both social and business) combined with data analytics.

“In my mind, the answer is just about anything,” says @danb. “In my most optimistic moments, I’m convinced that everything is knowable, provided we can collect and analyze the right data. But the human mind is not powerful enough to sift through the countless variables. Heck, I can’t even remember where I put my wallet half the time. So what can a network learn? How about predicting the future?” .... " 

No comments: