/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

GigaOm Interview with Ira Cohen

Another good interview and Podcast. 

Voices in AI – Episode 47: A Conversation with Ira Cohen
Byron Reese Jun 5, 2018 - 7:00 AM CDT

In this episode, Byron and Ira discuss transfer learning and AI ethics.
Byron Reese: This is Voices in AI, brought to you by GigaOm, and I’m Byron Reese. Today our guest is Ira Cohen, he is the cofounder and chief data scientist at Anodot, which has created an AI-based anomaly detection system. Before that he was chief data scientist over at HP. He has a BS in electrical engineering and computer engineering, as well as an MS and a PhD in the same disciplines from The University of Illinois. Welcome to the show, Ira.

Ira Cohen: Thank you very much for having me.

So I’d love to start with the simple question, what is artificial intelligence?

Well there is the definition of artificial intelligence of machines being able to perform cognitive tasks, that we as humans can do very easily. What I like to think about in artificial intelligence, is machines taking on tasks for us that do require intelligence, but leave us time to do more thinking and more imagination, in the real world. So autonomous cars, I would love to have one, that requires artificial intelligence, and I hate driving, I hate the fact that I have to drive for 30 minutes to an hour every day, and waste a lot of time, my cognitive time, thinking about the road. So when I think about AI, I think how it improves my life to give me more time to think about even higher level things. ... "

No comments: