/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Monday, September 26, 2011

Interdisciplinary Computing

Lisa C. Kaczmarczyk  writes the Interdisciplinary computing blog.  I have mentioned this effort before,  but have just revisited it before meeting with her.   The concept is important, but often forgotten. She writes:

" ... I am performing a final review of the the production text of my book on socially beneficial uses of computing (officially: Computers and Society: Computing For Good). The computing topics range all across the discipline of computer science (high performance computing to social media) and the non-computing topics are as diverse as saving endangered sea turtles, medical informatics and educational software for children with disabilities. Several years in the writing, I met on this journey either virtually or in person, dozens and dozens of people. Looking back on all these wonderful encounters I am struck once again by the commonalities among them ... "

No comments: