/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Conversation on Explainable AI

Ajit Joakar makes some good points...  in DSC.  Yes, explain-ability is often useful, but depending on context is not always a requirement.  One way its useful is it helps you build yet further intelligence.

Why I agree with Geoff Hinton: I believe that Explainable AI is over-hyped by media  Posted by ajit jaokar

Geoffrey Hinton dismissed the need for explainable AI. A range of experts have explained why he is wrong.

I actually tend to agree with Geoff.

Explainable AI is overrated and hyped by the media.
And I am glad someone of his stature is calling it out

To clarify, I am not saying that interpretability, transparency, and explainability are not important (and nor is Geoff Hinton for that matter)  .... " 

No comments: