/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Vehicle Hacking and Security

This came to my mind as I had a new OS update put into my one year old car.  What are the dangers here?  I have no control of anti hacking or anti malware capabilities on its systems.  I did get an App with the car, but that App itself works poorly and appears to add no security I can see.

Hacker: 'Hundreds of thousands' of vehicles are at risk of attack
A security expert who recently demonstrated he could hack into a Jeep and control its most vital functions said the same could be done with hundreds of thousands of other vehicles on the road today.

Security experts Charlie Miller and Chris Valasek collaborated with Wired magazine to demonstrate how they could remotely hack into and control the entertainment system as well as more vital functions of a 2015 Jeep Cherokee.

Both hackers are experienced IT security researchers. Miller is a former NAS hacker and security researcher for Twitter and Valasek is the director of security research at IOActive, a consultancy. ... " 

No comments: