/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Myers-Briggs Skeptically Viewed

In my years at the big enterprise I took the Myers-Briggs test at least a half dozen times. The results always interesting, largely self-affirming. I always had my doubts about it's generality, brought up my doubts in meetings even read some of some of the criticism at the time. Now there is much more criticism you can easily get to. Here is a good example in the Skeptoid. Still looking for other examples, especially in its actual use. Update: In the comments I am pointed to a Malcolm Gladwell article in the New Yorker on this, you do have to subscribe to read the whole thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gladwell wrote an article in the New Yorker a few years ago about Myers-Briggs that was fairly skeptical: http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2004/09/20/040920fa_fact_gladwell