/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Reuters Leaves Second Life

I am now out of date regards the Second Life virtual world. Followed it for some time as a potential method for science, technology exploration, design and collaboration. I came away intrigued but unimpressed in the SL implementation. It needs lots of work to make it useful. It still attracts tens of thousands every day. I still get and scan feeds of some media that cover it. I see that the Reuters correspondent attached to SL with great fanfare several years ago has now left, and the Reuters structure in SL has been abandoned. I had visited Reuters in SL, but there was rarely anyone there. Not sure what this means overall, but not a good indicator. Some of my previous posts about SL.

No comments: