/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Thursday, March 03, 2022

Amazon and Whole Foods

Inevitable moves  to make retail more labor efficient and error free.

 Here Comes the Full Amazonification of Whole Foods, By The New York Times, March 2, 2022

"Would you like to sign in with your palm?"

That was the question a cheerful Amazon employee posed when greeting me last week at the opening of a Whole Foods Market in Washington's Glover Park neighborhood. She blithely added, "You can also begin shopping by scanning the QR code in your Amazon app."

"Let's go for the palm," I said.

In less than a minute, I scanned both hands on a kiosk and linked them to my Amazon account. Then I hovered my right palm over the turnstile reader to enter the nation's most technologically sophisticated grocery store. ,,,, Biometric scanning devices at the newly opened Whole Foods Market in the Glover Park neighborhood   ... '

From The New York Times.  View Full Article   

No comments: