/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Data Scientists Telling Stories

I partially agree.  But there is an implication that they are telling the story they want you to get from the data.  I have seen a number of examples where the 'data scientist' is less than objective.  I want the story that the data tells.  And lets me and others further explore the data.   I know that is harder, but what are you getting otherwise?

The Best Data Scientists Know How to Tell Stories  by Michael Li
When hiring data scientists, people tend to focus primarily on technical qualifications. It’s hard to find candidates who have the right mix of computational and statistical skills. But what’s even harder is finding people who have those skills and are good at communicating the story behind the data. ... " 

No comments: