/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Monday, July 18, 2022

First Formal Computer Art

 Was reminded of this, from long ago ...  Art is?    Remember plotting some art myself. 

ACM OPINION Interview

Code Breaker: Meet the Man Who Virtually Invented Computer Art

By Elephant, May 26, 2022

It's not every day that people in their mid-nineties launch a Twitter account. Yet that is exactly what artist Herbert W. Franke did earlier this year, with the help of his wife, journalist and media expert Susanne Päch. Franke introduced himself with a brisk "Hello World!", followed by, "I am Herbert and I am a dinosaur of computer art", accompanied by an image of one of his earliest pieces of computer art from 1954. ....

"After 50 years, my work is old enough to look at from an art historical perspective," he says. “I guess I was too early." ... '

By Elephant  


No comments: