/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Business Process for Analytics Modeling

I Posted in the Wiki for my Columbia Class:

Business Process Modeling ... Franz Dill

I have often mentioned business process modeling (BPM) in my case study comments.  It is often useful to understand how the business works. .  It lets you understand how the parts you want to improve connect, and where to insert the analytics or intelligence needed.  Its also a good way to communicate your plans to management.   It can also be used as a means to simulate solutions.   There are formal ways to do BPM, with specific computer packages, or informal using concept maps to sketch out the process.  I always use process mapping before doing a project.  In the enterprise we cataloged analytics systems via their process models.

More in my posts on business process mapping (BPM).

No comments: