/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Monday, December 03, 2018

Difference Between Business Intelligence and Data Science

Nicely done piece.  Good charts at the links below.   Though in some ways I have to ask if there should be a difference in practice?   Depending on Goals and potential value?   I always say you should start any 'advanced'  analytics/science with a descriptive examination.    Or you should have the experts of that description closely accessible to your team.  Attitude should be the same:  Achieve the business goal.

Updated: Difference Between Business Intelligence and Data Science

Posted by Bill Schmarzo in DSC.

I'm reposting this blog (with updated graphics) because I still get many questions about the difference between Business Intelligence and Data Science. Hope this blog helps.

I recently had a client ask me to explain to his management team the difference between a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst and a Data Scientist.  I frequently hear this question, and typically resort to showing Figure 1 (BI Analyst vs. Data Scientist Characteristics chart, which shows the different attitudinal approaches for each)...  " 

No comments: