/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Integral Analytics for Smart Grids

Brought to my attention: Integral Analytics.   Continuing an examination.

" ... When is the best time to rely on IA software?
…when accuracy matters…
Utilities face many risks. The usual suspects still remain -- reliability risk, capacity shortages, price spikes and congested transmission, among others. But new dangers also now lurk in the shadows cast by the emerging smart grid, from distributed generation, or storage, from demand response, and more. What if I have too much solar? Or what if my wind production is too volatile? How can I get my customers to engage in smart grid programs? How do I know when Excel models are inaccurate? How do I truly optimize my supply and demand, since I now have control over both? How do I know which service transformers are at risk from EVs? How should I accurately quantify the financial value and risks? Which substations are at capacity risk, when the economy rebounds? ... " 

Two former colleagues:  Jeff Camm and Kipp Martin, work with Integral.

No comments: