/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Location Apps and Capabilities Competing

AdAge review of location Apps and new competitive capabilities in Facebook. I am not sure I want to have another capability rolled into FB. At least in systems like FourSquare I can concentrate on ideas like loyalty without all the additional baggage. Don't like the game overview included in a space where I am looking for social connection. Major brands in the space continue to test with pure location plays: " ... At least three brands -- Ford Motor, General Motors and PepsiCo -- all maintain they are no less likely to consider them for location programs, despite existing and "significant" relationships with Facebook. "I don't think there's anyone 'more attractive'; we're not looking at it that way," said Bonin Bough, PepsiCo's global director of digital and social media ... "

No comments: