/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Monday, December 01, 2014

Open Source Home Automation

In FastCoLabs:  A look at a number of smart home enabling projects.  Not to say that these will in the typical home, but love the inventiveness being demonstrated.  More inspirational than wall-ready. Linking with companies like Philips, which we visited on this topic around 2005, but  ...

"Because there are currently no open standards, smart device makers have to reach out to each vendor in turn to get support," he says. "That’s something we can work on changing. I’ve so far integrated all of the devices I have at home, but by putting Home Assistant out there I’m hoping that other people will pick it up and take it in directions I never considered. That’s my goal. And the response has been great so far."

No comments: