/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wristwatches vs Cellphones

It is not only teenagers. I have noticed that I look at my wrist watch less often. I expect my cellphone (an Iphone) to be there and ready to provide the time as well as the weather, stock price, email, schedule, newsfeeds even a book to read. So why have a watch at all? Perhaps as jewelry, but not as information.

From an Adage article, may require registration, which links to a video:

" ... teenagers increasingly look to their mobile phones -- rather than their wrists -- to tell time. That's one of the surprising discoveries of an ongoing study of how digital technology is changing consumer behavior around the world. Jeffrey Cole, of the Center for the Digital Future at the University of Southern California Annenberg School, appeared at the Advertising Research Foundation's Audience Measurement 3.0 Conference in New York this week ... ".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's a data point - my 14 old has two nice watches and doesn't wear them. When I asked him why, he pointed to his phone and said: "Why would I need a watch"?