/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Data Science WorkFlows with ChatGPT

Useful, in KDNuggets.

Automate the Boring Stuff with GPT-4 and Python   KNuggets

Speed up your daily workflows by getting AI to write Python code in seconds.

By Natassha Selvaraj, KDnuggets on March 28, 2023 in Python

Automate the Boring Stuff with ChatGPT and Python

On March 14, 2023, OpenAI launched GPT-4, the newest and most powerful version of their language model. 

Within just hours of its launch, GPT-4 stunned people by turning a hand-drawn sketch into a functional website, passing the bar exam, and generating accurate summaries of Wikipedia articles. 

It also outperforms its predecessor, GPT-3.5, in solving math problems and answering questions based on logic and reasoning.

ChatGPT, the chatbot which was built on top of GPT-3.5 and released to the public, was notorious for “hallucinating.” It would generate responses that were seemingly correct and would defend its answers with “facts”, although they were laden with errors.

One user took to Twitter after the model insisted that elephant eggs were the largest of all land animals:

Automate the Boring Stuff with ChatGPT and Python

And it didn’t stop there. The algorithm went on to corroborate its response with made-up facts that almost had me convinced for a moment.

GPT-4  on the other hand, was trained to “hallucinate” less often. OpenAI’s latest model is harder to trick and does not confidently generate falsehoods as frequently.

Why Automate Workflows with GPT-4?

As a data scientist, my job requires me to find relevant data sources, preprocess large datasets, and build highly accurate machine learning models that drive business value. 

I spend a huge portion of my day extracting data from different file formats and consolidating it in one place. 

After ChatGPT was first launched in November 2022, I looked to the chatbot for some guidance with my daily workflows. I used the tool to save the amount of time spent on menial work - so that I could focus on coming up with new ideas and creating better models instead.

Once GPT-4 was released, I was curious about whether it would make a difference in the work I was doing. Were there any significant benefits to using GPT-4 over its predecessors? Would it help me save more time than I already was with GPT-3.5?

In this article, I will show you how I use ChatGPT to automate data science workflows. 

I will create the same prompts and feed them into both GPT-4 and GPT-3.5, to see if the former indeed does perform better and result in more time savings.  ....  '


No comments: