/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Is Gamification Bull?

Having been a veteran of the AI hype world I am always sensitive and open to criticisms of new technology hype waves.  I like to promote new ideas because I am interested in more efficient ways to get things done, but that does not mean that we want to over sell or position even good ideas.  Here an article about the hype today.  My take?  Our own experience that even thinking about using what we call 'game mechanics' can provide real value for consumer and employee engagement.  But it is only a part of the world of user value delivery and experience. It is not a silver bullet. but a valuable design tool, when thinking about the broad view of user experience.  Its also a method to rethink the business process to make tougher tasks easier.  I continue my examination of this idea.

No comments: