/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wearable Computing

A topic we followed.. Not an unexpected direction. Integrated computing and clothing. We are not far off today, with buzzing devices in pockets altering us to every sensing whim. I doubt it will stop at the clothing, skin deep, but eventually embed itself more deeply. Will you participate? Or will there be a point of rejection? This morning I walked the beach anticipating the new year and felt better disconnected.

1 comment:

Paul Sonnier said...

Disconnected can be very good, Franz! I get my respites when I surf. Also, I read a great article in the NY Times about this topic today: The Joy of Quiet http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/opinion/sunday/the-joy-of-quiet.html?_r=2&ref=opinion

Of course, there are varying types of connectedness vis-a-vis devices. I agree on the intrusiveness of most, but wearing a Fitbit, for example, is a type of wearable computing / quantified self tool that, to me at least, seems unobtrusive. Perhaps that's why people like it. I actually don't have one, but was hoping to use the UP from Jawbone. Sadly, it's not wireless and was recalled before I received my complimentary device.


Best regards,
Paul Sonnier

Founder, Wireless Health group on LinkedIn
Mentor, Blueprint Health
Co-chair, Healthcare Communications SIG at CommNexus San Diego
Twitter: WirelessHealth1