/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Saturday, March 13, 2010

New Thoughts on a Second Life

Its been over a year since I have been to the virtual world Second Life. Before that I was a user, watched in real time as IBM programmers build their own spaces there, saw my company set up a (private) space for experimentation, went to conferences held there and thought about how SL could be used for business intelligence. I got a little bored, and backed off, and never really felt like going back. Now I have heard that there is a new viewer that makes SL easier to use. The link also goes to an article that discusses other ease of use issues. The ease of use was always a big thing, experts saying it takes about twenty five hours to gain basic competence there. I think it is more than just the time required ... you just don't get immediate pay-back for the time invested. While I still think there is a place for this idea in the future, its not ready yet.

No comments: