/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Augmented ID on Mobile

What you would love to see is a picture ID on any picture taken with your mobile cam. Even the ability, if it were reliable enough, to use it as a means to identify yourself to the phone itself. ReadWriteWeb describes this and a number of other augmented reality applications that use your phone to describe your close-by context.

Have experimented with a number of these methods in retail environments. The need to take a shot is still too labor intensive for most shoppers. I want a device that will alert me to more useful detail in my close-by context, and points out things I may want to take a picture of. That could be based say on my search history. Or choices of areas of interest. With my permission of course.

No comments: