/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Monday, September 03, 2018

Robots in Skype Need to Augment Meetings

Not normally a user of Skype, but I have some correspondents who use it.   So I revisited the current Skype system as I needed it.    There has been some controversy about recent re-design.   I loaded it up on an older i-Pad and saw they had added a column of available 'robots' you could interact with.  This option did not show up on i-Phone or Windows versions of Skype.

The robots appear to be skills that can be talked to,  perform various actions. I like the general idea, I may want intelligent support for things I do on Skype.   Even participants in conversations I am having on Skype.  I need a meeting set up with Skype.  Say add a particular kind of expert agent, human or AI, to support a domain I am not up to date in.   Perhaps they could solicit those resources from Linkedin?   Office could take notes.  Azure AI could cross reference them.  Perhaps Cortana could act as a go between in negotiating setting it up?

So now that MSFT has Linkedin, Skype, Teams, Office and Cortana, why not integrate the capabilities with these robots.  Based on my quick look at what was being offered the robots were not doing the right level of skill integration.  All the components are there, so why not?    Microsoft, if you want help with designing this, contact me.

No comments: