/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Blog Restart

Welcome to the re-start of my personal blog. A couple of changes have occurred. Previously I was a guest blogger at IFTF's Future Now blog. Now I have moved from there to devote my spare time to posting on my personal blog.

Second, to finally provide full disclosure, I am an employee of the Procter & Gamble Company in Cincinnati, where I have worked for over 26 years. My background is in physics and mathematics. Professionally I have worked in analytical methods, retail technology, supply chain analysis, knowledge methods and social technologies. The web came along at the height of my technical career and I have been a avid observer of its evolution. Its been quite a ride, from when executives were deeply skeptical about the web to when they could not do without it.

I plan to blog some here about my experiences at P&G as they come to mind. Of course all of my opinions are my own, and I won't be divulging any secrets.

At P&G I have been running an internal technology blog since early 2003. Even before blogs I ran a technology mailing list since the early 1980s. My internal blog gets thousands of hits a month and is read by a very diverse set of our employees. Its still a social media experiment though. Some blog posts from my internal blog will be cross posted here. I have not opened comments, but will consider that. For now you can reach me at: franzdill AT gmail.com

This will be stream of consciousness. My interests are fairly broad, you can get an idea of them by scanning my posts.

No comments: