/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Monday, February 13, 2012

Message Mapping

Over the years I have been investigating all sorts of mapping methods.  Concept, Process and Mind maps are common approaches that I have used in my work for years.  Now I see there are also message maps, here described by Ed Burghard.    Like a concept map, but with for precisely defining the message.  Burghard writes:

" ... A tool I have found to be extremely helpful is message mapping. It is a process I have used successfully for over 30-years to help ensure everybody involved in helping deliver the promise of a brand understands what the message is and how to articulate it. Like most tools that are effective, message mapping is deceptively simple in concept but can be challenging in execution. In my experience, the biggest challenge is in reaching a consensus on content and ensuring utilization.... "

No comments: