/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Caring About Blog Traffic

I do follow my blog's traffic using Google Analytics. I watch hits and and try to figure out why what I have written creates certain changes. I am a stats compulsive. But Amber Naslund has some good thoughts about what we should care about and writes in her Altitude blog:

Why I Don’t Care About My Blog’s Traffic
Someone’s bound to yell at me for this. But I simply don’t care about my blog’s traffic. Why? That’s just a number. Here’s what I do care about. ... I care that when you come here, you find something that’s valuable. To you. Either you enjoyed reading it, or it gave you an idea, or you showed it to your boss, or it just reassured you that you’re not the only crazy one thinking these things ... "

No comments: