/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Wal-Mart Going TikTok?

 Admit I barely knew of it before. But lately been getting a lot of forwarded TikTok references.  And some about Wal-Mart.

‘A true influencer program’: Inside Walmart’s growing army of employee TikTokers  By Michael Waters in ModernRetail

When Lauren Castle started interning at Walmart in 2011, she didn’t think she’d last more than a few months. Castle, who was enrolled in pharmacy school in Ohio, said she was “100% certain that I would stay with a small, independent pharmacy and open my pharmacy one day,” Castle told Modern Retail in a phone interview. But while interning at Walmart, she said, “I absolutely fell in love with it.”

 She was shocked when a brief reflection she wrote about her summer internship experience, which she’d posted on the company’s intranet forum, made it all the way up to corporate executives. They decided to feature her in their company-wide newsletter. She remembered thinking, “Wow, I am one associate out of over 2 million in the entire world, and my story mattered,” she said. “That was the start, basically, for me.”

Now Castle is speaking to more than just Walmart employees. She is one of the roughly 500 people enrolled in the company’s Spotlight program, a new initiative that wants to turn Walmart workers into small-scale influencers. ... " 

No comments: