/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Sunday, December 01, 2019

Vint Cerf Takes a Driverless Ride

Vint Cerf takes a hands-free, unaccompanied drive in a Waymo and muses the technology.

A Hands-Free Ride   By Vinton G. Cerf
Communications of the ACM, December 2019, Vol. 62 No. 12, Page   10.1145/3369587

Google Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist Vinton G. Cerf 

I recently had the opportunity to take a ride in a Waymo self-driving car in Chandler, AZ. I had been looking forward to this experience, not only to see how well the technology worked but also what the experience might be like as a passenger. Upon my arrival at the Waymo facility, I had apparently approached the side of the building where the Waymo cars go at the end of their duty cycles to be refueled and inspected. As I drove in, I was more or less surrounded by incoming Waymo vehicles. I relaxed as they navigated their way around me.  ... " 

No comments: