/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Internet of Things, an Oral History

Kevin Ashton and I were interviewed for an oral history of the Internet of Things this last week by Danny Vinik of Politico.  I gave many, many talks to visitors to our innovation centers on the topic as it evolved from simple tagging to online retail analytics.   Still, I had only a small part, and many other people spent most of their careers in this space, but its evolution continues to be an important part of social, personal and industrial computing history.

Now consider how all of this will be linked to smarter cognitive systems.  Glad to get my thoughts in. Also their broader piece on the IOT.  I apologize for some of the political angling done in the article, even the imagery used for the oral history piece.

No comments: