/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Discovery Analytics

Bill Franks of Teradata on Discovery analytics.  We used to call it  exploratory analytics, and every project started with some of that.  Which is why data visualization was so useful, even before we had so many tool options.   Good thoughts, he writes:  "  ...  I spend a lot of time these days talking with companies about the need for a formal approach to enabling what is often called “discovery analytics” or “exploratory analytics.” What I find is that many people have a fundamental misunderstanding of what discvery analytics is all about. There is one analogy that I have found to be effective in getting people to better understand the concept. In this blog, I’ll walk you through that analogy.  ... "      I agree.   Worth reading his complete argument.

How does this differ from the Watson Discovery Advisor, which I have written about before?  See the Watson Discovery Advisor tag.   The Discovery Advisor is more knowledge management than analytics oriented.  But it would make sense to combine the two for many applications.

No comments: