/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Minds on Fire



Richard Adler of IFTF writes through Future Commons, could have interesting implications for new ways to look at internal training:
" ... An article titled "Minds on Fire: Open Education, the Long Tail, and Learning 2.0," that I've co-authored with John Seely Brown is the cover story in the new issue of the EDUCAUSE REVIEW. In the article, we argue that the biggest impact of technology on education will come from the ability of Web 2.0 to support "social learning" rather than simply providing access to open courseware. We point to the online communities that support open source software as paradigms for social learning through a process of initiation and education that we call "legitimate peripheral participation." ... '

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While surfing on the Net I found your blog, I stopped at it to have a rest and I explored it. There is interesting stuff displayed. Now I continue my surfing…
Make a stop at my blog, if you wish. Ciao.