/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Monday, December 09, 2013

Grace Hopper at 107

I see that it is the 107th anniversary of computer Pioneer Grace Hopper's birth.  I wrote about my brief encounter with her while I was working at the Pentagon,  in an early post in this blog.   It was an honor to be connected to an early pioneer in anything that became so important to technology.  She has been honored by inclusion in Googles search page today  with a cute animation. (Today only)  Also by the declaration of an hour of code, made to encourage students to take up the science and art of coding.  " ... Be a maker, a creator, an innovator. Get started now with an Hour of Code. ... ".    I grate a bit at it being promoted in a celebrity based way, but it is still worth sharing with a student who may be interested in the craft.

No comments: