/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Thursday, April 11, 2019

AI, Medicine and the Ownership of Your Health Data

Implications?   How will users sign up for sharing, usage, reapplication?

In the future, A.I. medicine will let patients own their health data
As A.I. takes over the grunt work, doctors can get back to healing

A.I. has the power to transform the world — at least that’s what we’re constantly being told. Yes, it powers voice assistants and robotic dogs, but there are some legitimate areas where A.I. is not only making things easier and more convenient. In the case of medicine and health care, it’s actually saving lives.

There has been pushback lately, though. Medical professionals and government officials are bullish about the long-term potential of artificial intelligence’s transformative powers, but researchers are taking a more cautious and measured approach to implementation. In just the past year, we’ve seen huge leaps forward that take A.I.’s potential in medical care and turn it into a reality.

Today, we stand on the brink of a significant transformation in how we’ll all experience and use our medical data in the future.

A.I. IN A BROKEN SYSTEM
“We became serious about it as a discipline maybe five years ago, but my whole career I’ve been haunted by the need for this technology,” Dr. Richard White told Digital Trends about the institution’s foray into A.I. He’s the chair of radiology at Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center

“It’s up to the patient and the doctors to try to fix it, because we are the agents of the last resort.”

“For the longest time, I could not figure out why there wasn’t a use for computers to replicate what humans are doing: to laboriously look through all the images that were dynamic and try to come up with this, and then have the computer make the same mistakes that I was making was very frustrating for at least three decades.”   .... " 

No comments: