/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Oculus Rift

In Gizmodo, continued raving for Oculus Rift.   Here a hands on look.  Still I don't think that most people would be comfortable with the 'strap a screen to your head', extreme 'no hands', 'artificial context' environments.   Our own experiment with much earlier ideas led right to vertigo.  But I these an eventual future? I think they are.

" ... So the Oculus Rift is fantastic. If you've used it in its original incarnation, you know that it's incredible. It's virtual reality done better than you've ever seen it before. It's revolutionary. And it's nothing compared to what's coming next. I mean Oh. My. God. Dubbed Crystal Cove, the newest model of Oculus isn't meant for consumers. It's also not just the 1080p upgrade that's been floating around (though it does have a glorious 1080p panel). It's a lot more than that. ... " 

No comments: