/* ---- Google Analytics Code Below */

Sunday, February 27, 2005

The Jump Book

I recently read Jeremy Bernstein's bio of J Robert Oppenheimer (excellent) ... but this post is not about that. On the cover of that bio is a remarkable picture of Oppenheimer jumping into the air, pointing at the sky. It turns out this picture is from the 1959 Jump Book, by Phillipe Halsman. Halsman was a photographer who worked for Life, and took pictures of 178 celebrities of the time jumping, and published them in the book. He also developed a technique he called Jumpology, which seeks to analyze character from the nature of people's jumps. He at least seems serious about that. Fun book, including many still recognizable people from politics, science, film and industry. Although I got my copy at the library, its still in print.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This site has a lot of information pertaining to my interests balance transfer bad credit card . I will definitely bookmark this page and be back later. If you get a chance, please check out my balance transfer bad credit card site. We so have something in common. Check ya later...